Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's the deal with the in-transit time?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kartarasha
Kartarasha

What's the deal with the in-transit time? Empty
PostSubject: What's the deal with the in-transit time?   What's the deal with the in-transit time? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 5:41 am

Hey there everyone, got yet another question for ya'll. I was probing my local inactives to see what they all got and I noticed something rather peculiar, the closer I brought the probes to my planet, the longer it took for them to get there! While the difference was negligible with the esp probes, only a few seconds I can only imagine how large the deviation is with slower craft, is there a particular reason for this? Or am I overlooking why it was slowing down?
Back to top Go down
kamoosekazi
kamoosekazi

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with the in-transit time?   What's the deal with the in-transit time? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 7:12 am

are you looking in the same galaxy?

common mistake I find myself personally doing is looking at "local" inactives. I'm at [2:372:10] and look at 2:371, 2:370 but every so often I'll end up looking at 1:370. This is a HUGE distance.
Back to top Go down
Kartarasha
Kartarasha

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with the in-transit time?   What's the deal with the in-transit time? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:10 am

Nopes, heh, I tend to catch that. My next door planet takes a minute and thirty seconds to probe, whereas the one three planets away only takes 1 minute.
Back to top Go down
kamoosekazi
kamoosekazi

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with the in-transit time?   What's the deal with the in-transit time? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:20 am

i wish i had your "problem"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with the in-transit time?   What's the deal with the in-transit time? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the deal with the in-transit time?
Page 1 of 1