Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Plasma Technology.

Go down 
+2
thortful_musing
kamoosekazi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kamoosekazi
kamoosekazi

Plasma Technology. Empty
PostSubject: Plasma Technology.   Plasma Technology. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 1:22 pm

I don't get it. What's the point to this technology other than to make the turret and a ship or 2?
Does it upgrade all your ships' weapons?
Back to top Go down
thortful_musing
thortful_musing

Plasma Technology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plasma Technology.   Plasma Technology. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 9:15 pm

for plasma tech and hyperspace tech and ion tech you only need to go so far with upgrading them.

for ion tech= lvl5 (unlocks plasma)
hyper tech = lvl6 (unlocks deathstar)
plasma = lvl 7 (unlocks plasma turret)
laser = lvl 12 (unlocks battlecruiser)

anything over these levels is just pointless. well...some people get them so its easy research points/ranks and you cant lose them if someone invades.... but i cbb.

oh, and for energy, energy production rates are increased (at least for the reactor), so thats not so pointless.

obviously it might be wise to unlock these (eventually) to full... plasma turrets and deathstars are THE best there are for their type...
hope that helped
Back to top Go down
kamoosekazi
kamoosekazi

Plasma Technology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plasma Technology.   Plasma Technology. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 12:53 am

oh ya, i dont expect to go overboard with researching, I was just more curious to see if it effected all my weapon systems, but if it's just a research to build better defensive and offensive structures, then that's fine, I'll get around to it, I should have my first plasma by tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Duze

Plasma Technology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plasma Technology.   Plasma Technology. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:46 am

Well armor weapons and shield tech does increase your fighting capabilities and should be teched immensely:P
Back to top Go down
kamoosekazi
kamoosekazi

Plasma Technology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plasma Technology.   Plasma Technology. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:48 am

Duze wrote:
Well armor weapons and shield tech does increase your fighting capabilities and should be teched immensely:P

oh of course! I'm 5-5-7 atm... btw, do these upgrades cap out after a while?
Back to top Go down
Duze

Plasma Technology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plasma Technology.   Plasma Technology. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:52 am

nope... keep getting them:) They become rather expensive though in the end, and at some point it might just be worth more to you to simply get ships for the ress instead... Depends on your fleetsize of course:)
Back to top Go down
dethon
dethon

Plasma Technology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plasma Technology.   Plasma Technology. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 4:35 pm

kamoosekazi wrote:
I don't get it. What's the point to this technology other than to make the turret and a ship or 2?
Does it upgrade all your ships' weapons?

You need technology for pritty much everything in the game
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
Oceanus
God of the Sea (Alliance Leader)
Oceanus

Plasma Technology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plasma Technology.   Plasma Technology. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 4:48 pm

I think if you aren't planning to build defences then obviously there is no point in researching it. That said, plasma turrets pack one mean punch so are quite useful.
Back to top Go down
crovax
crovax

Plasma Technology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plasma Technology.   Plasma Technology. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 5:04 pm

thortful_musing wrote:
for plasma tech and hyperspace tech and ion tech you only need to go so far with upgrading them.

anything over these levels is just pointless. well...some people get them so its easy research points/ranks and you cant lose them if someone invades.... but i cbb.

oh, and for energy, energy production rates are increased (at least for the reactor), so thats not so pointless.

obviously it might be wise to unlock these (eventually) to full... plasma turrets and deathstars are THE best there are for their type...
hope that helped

You need lvl 8 hyperspace for the Intergalactic Research Network. That could be skipped if you don't mind waiting weeks and months for research though I guess. Razz

Back to top Go down
thortful_musing
thortful_musing

Plasma Technology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plasma Technology.   Plasma Technology. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:56 am

crovax wrote:
thortful_musing wrote:

hope that helped

You need lvl 8 hyperspace for the Intergalactic Research Network. That could be skipped if you don't mind waiting weeks and months for research though I guess. Razz

:O DAMMIT! i KNEW i'd miss something. lol =D
Back to top Go down
dethon
dethon

Plasma Technology. Empty
PostSubject: re   Plasma Technology. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:46 am

Plasma Turret are kick arse Razz
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
Sponsored content

Plasma Technology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plasma Technology.   Plasma Technology. I_icon_minitime