Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The circular

Go down 
+4
dethon
Oceanus
Duze
Poseidon
8 posters

Circular should be used:
only for an urgency
The circular I_vote_lcap83%The circular I_vote_rcap
 83% [ 10 ]
more freely but not for discussions
The circular I_vote_lcap17%The circular I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
anyways anyone want to use it
The circular I_vote_lcap0%The circular I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Poseidon
God of the Sea (Alliance Leader)
Poseidon

The circular Empty
PostSubject: The circular   The circular I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:39 am

I am sorry this is starting to become an issue, and I realized me an Oceanus never asked for the majorities opinion. After losing a member over it I think its time to discuss the issue of the circular.

The invisible rule for the circular atm is that we try not to use it unless we have to. However thats not how you all feel it seems. So I am going to create a poll, to see what the majority thinks and I would appreciate if you could write some reasons for your vote in a constructive way.
Back to top Go down
https://risingtide.forumotion.co.uk
Duze

The circular Empty
PostSubject: Re: The circular   The circular I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:24 am

Well let me put it this way... I will not keep playing in Gemini if circulars are starting to be used en general... Anyone without Commander, which I will not get in Gemini, should vote against using circulars for anything at all really, since it will only cause them to lose messages... Circulars are NOT good... The forum is easy to use, and if everyone simply did that, there would never be a problem...
Back to top Go down
Oceanus
Oceanus

The circular Empty
PostSubject: Re: The circular   The circular I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:39 am

Yeah I'm completely agreed with Duze there. Circulars are silly to use cause of them disappearing; it makes no sense to use them when we have a forum that is far easier to use Smile For urgent stuff it's perfectly fine for circulars. So stuff like ACS defences, quick trades, etc. But discussions via circulars are annoying as they clutter up everyone else's inbox. And then you have to read them all cause they may be important or whatever.
But yeah they are my opinions on the circular, they are the main reason we have the forum.
Back to top Go down
dethon
dethon

The circular Empty
PostSubject: re   The circular I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:40 am

"only for an urgency" yes as it's keep pissing me off with all the spam in my inbox...
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
crovax
crovax

The circular Empty
PostSubject: Re: The circular   The circular I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:41 pm

lol you might need to send a circular to tell people to vote. I don't want it used for anything other than an emergency like an ACS defend for reasons that have already been stated.
Back to top Go down
dethon
dethon

The circular Empty
PostSubject: re   The circular I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:11 pm

crovax wrote:
lol you might need to send a circular to tell people to vote. I don't want it used for anything other than an emergency like an ACS defend for reasons that have already been stated.

yer same
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
Sirron Tnarg
Sirron Tnarg

The circular Empty
PostSubject: Re: The circular   The circular I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:28 pm

I think it should be for emergencies only. It's a pain in the arse having to wade through 20 odd messages to clear your message book. Cheers Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Poseidon
Poseidon

The circular Empty
PostSubject: Re: The circular   The circular I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 6:30 am

With more new members coming in I started getting at least 2 circulars per day, per server. I am guessing those people didnt go on the forums to vote. I propose circular being locked for new members until they get a certain post count or a similar method. Could you guys reflect on that thought Razz

New members can contact an officer when they have an urgency to report on the circular.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Shadow
Officer
Chaotic Shadow

The circular Empty
PostSubject: Re: The circular   The circular I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 10:38 am

I would only like them to be used for urgent matters (ACS) because I dont like them cluttering up my message box and if I want thing's like a trade or w/e I know I can go to the forum and post it so anyone lookin for a trade can find it without bothering anyone else.

I know that some alliance's use it as a primary means of communication, witch I dont understand, if I send a circular to the alliance and even if only 1/2 the people wright back then there goes ALOT of messages that I may have wanted.

Locking the circulars might be a good idea, but it would probably only be effective on those few new members that use it lol
Back to top Go down
Poseidon
Poseidon

The circular Empty
PostSubject: Re: The circular   The circular I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:09 pm

lol well then it is up to us to encourage people to the forum. But please dont roast other members for using the circular. Just ask "please use forums for non-urgent discussions" or such. Wink
Back to top Go down
jtmaca9

jtmaca9

The circular Empty
PostSubject: Re: The circular   The circular I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:21 pm

sorry, just so i understand.

Is it ok to send a circular if your being attacked or need help, i have only sent one circular and it was because i was being atacked, is that the right thing to do?
or not?

sorry if i annoyed anyone Sad
Back to top Go down
Duze

The circular Empty
PostSubject: Re: The circular   The circular I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:27 pm

jtmaca9 wrote:
sorry, just so i understand.

Is it ok to send a circular if your being attacked or need help, i have only sent one circular and it was because i was being atacked, is that the right thing to do?
or not?

sorry if i annoyed anyone Sad

Of course you didn't annoy anyone:) And yes, if you are being attacked and you believe that is would be possible for someone to come and help you, then please do send a circular. Better yet, PM the guys that you think can help, as everyone else might not need to know. But if you are being attacked by someone in the top 500, then you do not need to send out anything, as no one will be able to do anything about it anyway:)
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Shadow
Officer
Chaotic Shadow

The circular Empty
PostSubject: Re: The circular   The circular I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:10 pm

What I wrote does sound kinda rude lol I didnt mean for it to end up like that, most of you already know that but I would just like to let the rest know too Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The circular Empty
PostSubject: Re: The circular   The circular I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The circular
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Lounge-
Jump to: