Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

should we join up with WolfPak

Go down 
+2
cwolf1038
dethon
6 posters

should we join up with WolfPak?
Yes
should we join up with WolfPak I_vote_lcap20%should we join up with WolfPak I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
No
should we join up with WolfPak I_vote_lcap80%should we join up with WolfPak I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
dethon
dethon

should we join up with WolfPak Empty
PostSubject: should we join up with WolfPak   should we join up with WolfPak I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:23 pm

should we join up with WolfPak what do you think? vote ends on the 26 of july
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
dethon
dethon

PostSubject: re   should we join up with WolfPak I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:29 pm

Joining up with WolfPak will open up opportunities for trading in draco aswel as gemini, they are also a high ranked alliance with plenty of members which will allow us to create strong connection, and develope friend ships between the alliances.
Back to top Go down
cwolf1038

PostSubject: Re: should we join up with WolfPak   should we join up with WolfPak I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:32 pm

might not be a bad idea... i know for sure tho we or at least i REALLY dont want to make enemies of them as i have many a high ranked wolfpak member near me in draco... could do the alliance good
Back to top Go down
dethon
dethon

PostSubject: re   should we join up with WolfPak I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Don't forget to vote Razz for your choice at the top of the page Razz
Back to top Go down
Poseidon
God of the Sea (Alliance Leader)
Poseidon

PostSubject: Re: should we join up with WolfPak   should we join up with WolfPak I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:26 pm

well if you are in for trading and friendship we could go for an NAP, but again that would be 160 members less that we can attack :S I am not entirely sure about this. If their average points go near hours I am gonna vote yes for this but for now I disagree.

But I do see you point, an ally is a good asset. If you know for a fact they are friendly we could definitely look into a NAP, but as we are competitive in this universe, its going to be a bit more military structured. So we should focus a bit more towards profit rather than making peace with everyone. Also to make an alliance we need to actually have a good bond with them, because an alliance just made instantly might mean them abandoning you the first second you go into war.

I am still thinking too early for any diplomacy, as no one even have ships yet, there is absolutely no point. We have no idea who will turn up like what after the wars start.
Back to top Go down
https://risingtide.forumotion.co.uk
dethon
dethon

PostSubject: Re: should we join up with WolfPak   should we join up with WolfPak I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:35 pm

Poseidon wrote:
well if you are in for trading and friendship we could go for an NAP, but again that would be 160 members less that we can attack :S I am not entirely sure about this. If their average points go near hours I am gonna vote yes for this but for now I disagree.

But I do see you point, an ally is a good asset. If you know for a fact they are friendly we could definitely look into a NAP, but as we are competitive in this universe, its going to be a bit more military structured. So we should focus a bit more towards profit rather than making peace with everyone. Also to make an alliance we need to actually have a good bond with them, because an alliance just made instantly might mean them abandoning you the first second you go into war.

I am still thinking too early for any diplomacy, as no one even have ships yet, there is absolutely no point. We have no idea who will turn up like what after the wars start.

You do bring up a good point about not being able to attack 160 members but if you think about it thats 160 mainly high ranked players that can not attack us, which most of them are higher than are highest members, and if we can't attack 160 think about it theres about over 50x that we can still attack.
Back to top Go down
Poseidon
Poseidon

PostSubject: Re: should we join up with WolfPak   should we join up with WolfPak I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:48 pm

mate I dont think ur information is right, their average points are a bit lower than us so majority of them will be a bit lower than us. Eitherway I just checked after you showed interest in them, they are not as bad as I thought in terms of average points. But I can assure you majority of them are not higher ranked than us. Because its against the laws of averages.

Another thing is a typical event of a brand new uni is that the top alliance always gets ridiculous amounts of applications. I reckon wolfpak has 100 actual members 50 of which arent so active.

Finally an alliance so big will always be in trouble. in ogame statistically speaking a really good portion off the people are big mouthed or arrogant, and almost 100% of experienced player hate that with their guts. Even if Wolfpak did a really good selection process which most alliances dont, they cant actually manage 160 members individually. Wolfpak will always be in small proxy wars of official or unofficial sizes.

From past experience I assure you wolfpak is not what it looks. give it a month and they will a dozen ranks down with a bunch of inactive members.

I really dont want to seem like I am against friendship etc. I just dont believe wolfpak is not the best option. I also know you dont just choose an ally. Its a social event, real alliances start from members chatting to each other or NAP's through mutual benefit etc.

Again, I am not gonna swim against the current. Get a good number supporting you, and you've got you green light Wink of course oceanus needs to agree as well, but I am sure he'll feel the same Wink

Back to top Go down
dethon
dethon

PostSubject: Re: should we join up with WolfPak   should we join up with WolfPak I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:58 pm

Poseidon wrote:
mate I dont think ur information is right, their average points are a bit lower than us so majority of them will be a bit lower than us. Eitherway I just checked after you showed interest in them, they are not as bad as I thought in terms of average points. But I can assure you majority of them are not higher ranked than us. Because its against the laws of averages.

Another thing is a typical event of a brand new uni is that the top alliance always gets ridiculous amounts of applications. I reckon wolfpak has 100 actual members 50 of which arent so active.

Finally an alliance so big will always be in trouble. in ogame statistically speaking a really good portion off the people are big mouthed or arrogant, and almost 100% of experienced player hate that with their guts. Even if Wolfpak did a really good selection process which most alliances dont, they cant actually manage 160 members individually. Wolfpak will always be in small proxy wars of official or unofficial sizes.

From past experience I assure you wolfpak is not what it looks. give it a month and they will a dozen ranks down with a bunch of inactive members.

I really dont want to seem like I am against friendship etc. I just dont believe wolfpak is not the best option. I also know you dont just choose an ally. Its a social event, real alliances start from members chatting to each other or NAP's through mutual benefit etc.

Again, I am not gonna swim against the current. Get a good number supporting you, and you've got you green light Wink of course oceanus needs to agree as well, but I am sure he'll feel the same Wink

I can see your point and evadence, but im thinking if they got as many people as they did all to change from their main server to another server that shows to me that they are loyal, and if we can find some loyal, friendly and active alliance to agree to a pack with us it will benifit us massivly. As we can be sure that we can trust them to follow through with their trades, and there will always be opportunities to trade for goods with such a mass of members.
Back to top Go down
Poseidon
Poseidon

PostSubject: Re: should we join up with WolfPak   should we join up with WolfPak I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:02 pm

I wont argue with any of what you just said. They are pretty good reasoned assumptions. Ok then, we can approach them in a week if they still seem strong. Again Ill want to run by oceanus and no members should passionately be against the decision
Back to top Go down
dethon
dethon

PostSubject: re   should we join up with WolfPak I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:05 pm

I was mainly thinking about joining them on draco but gemini would be just a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Shadow
Officer
Chaotic Shadow

PostSubject: Re: should we join up with WolfPak   should we join up with WolfPak I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:07 pm

This will take away a lot of my farms in Draco cyclops and one of thier members (Nefarious D) that I know of doesnt like me too well , hes always lookin for a chance to get me back Laughing there's probably more but I dont really keep track lol.

So personally I say no, but, if everyone wants to though I have no problem with it at all Smile
Back to top Go down
thortful_musing
thortful_musing

PostSubject: Re: should we join up with WolfPak   should we join up with WolfPak I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:21 am

Chaotic Shadow wrote:
This will take away a lot of my farms in Draco cyclops and one of thier members (Nefarious D) that I know of doesnt like me too well , hes always lookin for a chance to get me back Laughing there's probably more but I dont really keep track lol.

So personally I say no, but, if everyone wants to though I have no problem with it at all Smile

ditto
Back to top Go down
Poseidon
Poseidon

PostSubject: Re: should we join up with WolfPak   should we join up with WolfPak I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:53 am

hmm, ok I guess there is too many against this. Its off the table for now.
Back to top Go down
Oceanus
Oceanus

PostSubject: Re: should we join up with WolfPak   should we join up with WolfPak I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 6:25 am

I'll just give you my views on this.

I think joining up with them in Draco is a bad idea, for many reasons that have been given here.

Gemini might not be as bad of an idea. However, as P said I doubt they will be the top alliance for long. It's physically impossible to organise 160 members, and I reckon after a month they will be down to 80 or so, and not be that strong anyways. That said, it's never a bad idea to have a strong ally, and 160 people that we couldn't attack in Gemini wouldn't be too bad. I'm still against an alliance with them at the moment though. Maybe in a month.
Back to top Go down
dethon
dethon

PostSubject: re   should we join up with WolfPak I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 11:03 am

Hmm im guessing it's a no lol where did soo many votes come from lol Razz i swear we never have that many people on, like within 5 hours Razz
Back to top Go down
Oceanus
Oceanus

PostSubject: Re: should we join up with WolfPak   should we join up with WolfPak I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:21 pm

It isn't that crazy Smile Our record for people online is 9, and that was two days ago. 9 people in 5 hours is very likely.

And yeah it's a no for now, but I think in a couple of weeks we may start looking for allies, that is if we don't get approached in that time.
Back to top Go down
dethon
dethon

PostSubject: re   should we join up with WolfPak I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 1:45 pm

yer Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: should we join up with WolfPak   should we join up with WolfPak I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

should we join up with WolfPak
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Ogame Discussion-
Jump to: