Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm having difficulty logging on at work!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gumsy

I'm having difficulty logging on at work! Empty
PostSubject: I'm having difficulty logging on at work!   I'm having difficulty logging on at work! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:05 pm

I suppose i shouldn't be if i were a conscientious worker and all that, but for some reason i can't log on at my work pc. Well, that's not strictly true, i can log on but if i try to check messages or look at research or anything it flicks back to the log in page and i have to input my details again, only for it to flick right back again if i try to look at anything in the game. I thought that it was maybe being blocked by the IT people in my office but that seems unlikely. Does anybody else have this problem? If i had an hour to bugger about at lunch time i could do a bit more instead of it being a mad rush to spend res and fleetsave after i come home! I throw this out to any tech heads out there!! Smile Question
Back to top Go down
Oceanus
God of the Sea (Alliance Leader)
Oceanus

PostSubject: Re: I'm having difficulty logging on at work!   I'm having difficulty logging on at work! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Hmm sorry, I don't really know what that that could be. It sounds like it might be something to do with the browser though. You could try getting a different browser if possible, see if that works.
Or alternatively, google is your friend Smile
Back to top Go down
dethon
dethon

PostSubject: re   I'm having difficulty logging on at work! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 2:06 pm

your only ment to log on at one location and if you log on at work you should report it to a GM as they can fix that probley best to tell them thats where you live as well or somthing Razz then you can get around that
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
gumsy

PostSubject: Re: I'm having difficulty logging on at work!   I'm having difficulty logging on at work! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 2:26 pm

No worries. You're probably right. I use Firefox and haven't been able to update it at work for some time now. I'll Google it and see.
Back to top Go down
gumsy

PostSubject: Re: I'm having difficulty logging on at work!   I'm having difficulty logging on at work! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:21 pm

dethon wrote:
your only ment to log on at one location and if you log on at work you should report it to a GM as they can fix that probley best to tell them thats where you live as well or somthing Razz then you can get around that

The thing is, i could log on at work about a month ago but then this shit started happening recently. I have the same problem with Facebook although it's reversed: i can log in at work but not at home scratch

It just kinda sucks as it was a bit tremendous pissing away my working day with a bit of ogame!! Cool
Back to top Go down
Oceanus
Oceanus

PostSubject: Re: I'm having difficulty logging on at work!   I'm having difficulty logging on at work! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:04 pm

What Dethon means is that it's actually kind of against the rules to log in at a place that isn't where you usually log in. You are supposed to report it to one of the moderators first. I would do it just to be safe. I'm not sure how though, maybe one of the other guys in the alliance can tell you how. You can just tell the moderators it's where you work and you'll be fine I think.
Back to top Go down
AlphaAlex
AlphaAlex

PostSubject: Re: I'm having difficulty logging on at work!   I'm having difficulty logging on at work! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:15 am

gumsy wrote:
I suppose i shouldn't be if i were a conscientious worker and all that, but for some reason i can't log on at my work pc. Well, that's not strictly true, i can log on but if i try to check messages or look at research or anything it flicks back to the log in page and i have to input my details again, only for it to flick right back again if i try to look at anything in the game. I thought that it was maybe being blocked by the IT people in my office but that seems unlikely. Does anybody else have this problem? If i had an hour to bugger about at lunch time i could do a bit more instead of it being a mad rush to spend res and fleetsave after i come home! I throw this out to any tech heads out there!! Smile Question

How fast is your work internet? Sounds like it keeps timing out for some reason.

dethon wrote:

True, but I've logged in on about 10 different computers in different locations and never had a problem nor told a GM. I do this quite regularly. tongue
Back to top Go down
Oceanus
Oceanus

PostSubject: Re: I'm having difficulty logging on at work!   I'm having difficulty logging on at work! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:39 am

Yeah Alex same here, I used to log on at friends houses all the time and have no problems, and then Poseidon, the other leader of this alliance, told me I should be telling GMs about it recently. And actually come to think about it, I have logged on at other places since then (I guess I forgot). I guess they don't moderate it that much.
Back to top Go down
gumsy

PostSubject: Re: I'm having difficulty logging on at work!   I'm having difficulty logging on at work! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 5:29 am

Oceanus wrote:
Yeah Alex same here, I used to log on at friends houses all the time and have no problems, and then Poseidon, the other leader of this alliance, told me I should be telling GMs about it recently. And actually come to think about it, I have logged on at other places since then (I guess I forgot). I guess they don't moderate it that much.

I've actually logged in at a friend's house in the last month or so without any problems. It seems to be just at work although i haven't tried any other computers. I googled it and someone else had exactly the same problem and was told to contact a GM. There was no feedback after that so i don't know if it worked. No harm in trying i suppose.
Back to top Go down
dethon
dethon

PostSubject: Re: I'm having difficulty logging on at work!   I'm having difficulty logging on at work! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 5:00 pm

dethon wrote:

True, but I've logged in on about 10 different computers in different locations and never had a problem nor told a GM. I do this quite regularly. tongue [/quote]

i logged on once at my mates house and i got a warning he said if i did it again id be banned if i don't report it lol... i don't see anything wrong with it to be honest Razz
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
gumsy

PostSubject: Re: I'm having difficulty logging on at work!   I'm having difficulty logging on at work! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 5:44 pm

dethon wrote:

dethon wrote:

True, but I've logged in on about 10 different computers in different locations and never had a problem nor told a GM. I do this quite regularly. tongue

i logged on once at my mates house and i got a warning he said if i did it again id be banned if i don't report it lol... i don't see anything wrong with it to be honest Razz[/quote]

Totally agree with you there. What is the problem with logging on at another computer? Developing an empire is a time consuming thing! I bet Hirohito was able to check in on things if he had to nip down to the shops or something! king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm having difficulty logging on at work!   I'm having difficulty logging on at work! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm having difficulty logging on at work!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Ogame Discussion-
Jump to: